i came across this popcorn recipe by liz of say yes to hoboken a few days back.
i had most of the ingredients for the salted caramel one in my pantry so, i tried making it
with a few modifications.
raw popcorn, preferably organic
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
*original recipe called for corn syrup + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. make 1 batch of stove top pop corn. here's a great method to make sure that all kernels are popped!
2. melt butter in a small pot.
3. add brown sugar and maple syrup. stir until mixed then let sit for a couple of minutes.
4. remove from heat. add salt and baking soda (+ vanilla extract, if desired).
5. let cool for a few minutes then pour mixture over the popcorn. mix.
6. (i skipped the baking part since my oven isn't working) —>
spread popcorn onto baking sheet & bake for 30 mins at 275 degrees. flip occasionally.
let cool on waxed paper.
the proof of the pudding...er... popping!