she would occasionally eat broccoli and cauliflower. but that's it.
she's also developed quite a discriminating palate. however much i hide veggies in her food, she would still know! sigh...
my sister suggested i use zucchini since it doesn't lend much flavour.
here's what i came up with.
Zucchini and Carrot Meatballs
(adapted from this recipe)
1/2 kg minced pork
6 pcs jacob cream crackers
3 tablespoons milk
1 carrot grated
salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium zucchini, grated
1. mix all ingredients, except zucchini, in a bowl. set aside.
2. grate zucchini. put in a colander. press or put weight on top to help drain as much liquid as possible.
3. mix zucchini with rest of the mixture. mix well using your hands.
4. roll into balls.
5. deep fry in vegetable oil (since my oven's still not working) or
6. bake - place meat balls on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350 degree for 15 minutes
the photos don't look much. but these meatballs had a really nice aroma, texture and flavour to it. an unexpected combination. my girl couldn't stop smelling them. of course, she ate more than a couple too!
linking up with a juggling mom for motivational mondays.